Caravans & campsites
To run a caravan and/or camping site within the Forest of Dean District you may need a licence from us.
There are three types of licence.
- Touring site
前锋棋牌Planning permission is required before this licence can be applied for. For further information:
The purpose of the licence is to protect the health, safety and welfare of caravan occupants and to address issues such as fire safety, electrical safety, drainage, adequate amenities and a wholesome water supply.
You can be fined up to £2,500 for permitting any part of your land to be used as a caravan site without holding a site licence.
You don’t need a licence for:
- A caravan sited within the curtilage of a dwelling, provided the caravan is not occupied separately.
- A single caravan sited for not more than two consecutive nights for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
- Up to three caravans on a site of not less than five acres for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
- Sites occupied by exempted organisations such as the Caravan Club.
- Sites of up to five caravans certified by an exempt organisation which are for members only.
- Sites occupied by the local authority. These are usually gypsy sites.
- Sites for temporary and special purposes such as caravan rallies run by exempted organisations, agricultural and forestry workers, building and engineering sites and travelling salesmen.
- A site for tents only can be used for a maximum of 42 days consecutively or 60 days in a 12 month period. (Planning consent is required for use of land on more than 28 days.
Relevant protected site fees
|All||Up to 10 Units||11 to 30 Units||31 to 50||Over 51 Units|
|Existing Residential Mobile Home Site Up Until 31 October 2014||£106|
|Application Fee after 31 October 2014||N/A||£196.63||£241.61||£265.16||£287.95|
|Annual Inspection Fee||N/A||£126.63||£171.63||£195.16||£217.95|
|Deposit of Site Rules||£50||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Change of Site Rules||£35||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Transfer of a Site Licence||£48||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Application to Change Site Licence Conditions||£129||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Apply online to run a caravan or camp site
Please view details of the licensing conditions below:
- Standard Conditions for Holiday Caravan Site
- Standard Conditions for Permanent Residential Mobile Home
- Standard Conditions for Single Residential Caravan Site
- Standard Conditions for Tent Sites
- Standard Conditions for Touring Caravan Site
Register of caravan and campsites
Use the link below to view the list of current licensed sites: