Noise & other nuisances
Noise and nuisance problems that the Council cannot deal with:
- One-off problems - e.g. fireworks displays or parties
- Road traffic noise
- Smoke from vehicles on the highway - to report a particularly smoky vehicle note down the registration number and
- Call the Vehicle Inspectorate on 0300 123 9000
- Aircraft noise - to complain about civilian aircraft noise and low-flying aircraft:
- Complaints about military aircraft should be made directly to the airfield where they operate from or
Noise and nuisance problems that may be considered:
- The state of premises
- Smoke (including smoke from bonfires)
- Dust, steam, or smells from business premises
- Accumulations or deposits
- Noise (including noise from parked car alarms and stationary machines in the street)
- Artificial lighting
- Insects from business premises
We can investigate these issues where the disturbance is severe, and take formal action when the issue cannot be resolved.
Contact the source of the noise or nuisance
前锋棋牌Go directly to the person causing the problem; tell them that you are being disturbed.
- Download and fill in a Neighbour letter
If this doesn't work you can make a complaint to the Council or take the matter to a yourself.
Complain about a noise or nuisance through the council
前锋棋牌You will need to complete a log of the incidents for 3 weeks:
Once you have returned the log it will be assessed by a case officer, if we considered it is severe enough we will take the following steps:
- Advise the person causing the problem that a complaint has been made.
- Monitor the problem.
- An officer will make visits to you or set up specialist noise recording equipment in your property that you will have to operate.
前锋棋牌If there is enough evidence the council will take formal action to stop the problem. You will need to support this action.